MediaCityUK is easy to reach by bike or on foot using a network of direct, safe and attractive cycling and walking routes. National Cycle Network (NCN) Route 55 runs through the heart of MediaCityUK to Salford, Chorlton and South Manchester.
Other routes that also run to and from MediaCityUK include; Irwell River Park, Broadway and Coronet Way and Cross Lane/The Quays. You can download TfGM's cycle maps here.
There are a plethora of routes you can take to reach MediaCityUK on foot. Consider travelling a reasonable distance entirely by foot or jump off the bus or tram a few stops early and walk the remaining distance. You’ll not only save pounds but lose them too.
Click here to work out your route, journey time, calorie burn, step burn and carbon saving.
Click here to find details of the TfGM MediaCityUK self-led walk.
Connect to bus services to MediaCityUK at:
- Piccadilly Gardens in Manchester (25 minutes on the x50)
- Salford Crescent Station (20 minutes on the CityConnect50)
Onward bus connections to north and south Manchester can be made in Manchester City Centre.
Download this free travel app to plan your journey and buy tickets via your mobile.
Click here for bus departure times, journey planning, and ticket information
The MediaCityUK tram service provides easy connections to national rail stations at Manchester Piccadilly, Manchester Victoria and Deansgate. Salford Crescent Station is also directly connected to MediaCityUK via the CityConnect 50 bus service.
Taxi pick-up and drop-off points are at Dock House/Holiday Inn and Bridge House/Costa Coffee. There is also a taxi rank outside the Lowry Theatre.
Manchester Airport is a 20 minute drive or taxi journey from MediaCityUK or a 55 minute journey via tram and train from Manchester Piccadilly Station.
Liverpool John Lennon Airport is a 40 minute drive or taxi journey from MediaCityUK.
MediaCityUK is a two minute drive from the national motorway network (M602) and a 10 minute drive from Manchester City Centre. Postcode for satnav is M50 2EQ
From M602 Junction 2
- Follow brown signs for The Quays and MediaCityUK via A576
From Manchester City Centre
- Access MediaCityUK from the Inner Ring Road via A57 Regent Road (signed M602).
- From the A57 follow the brown signs to The Quays and MediaCityUK along the A5063 Trafford Road and Broadway.
- The Garage is MediaCityUK’s main multi story car park providing 2,300 secure parking spaces for employees, residents and visitors. It is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
There are many alternative parking options at MediaCityUK. Please click here for full details.