What is Personal Travel Planning? (PTP)
• Method of encouraging people to make more sustainable travel choices.
• Reduce reliance on private car and encourage more trips by public transport, on foot and by bike.
• Focus on commuter trips in peak periods.
• Employees offered personalised travel information to raise awareness of alternatives and benefits, as well as incentives for more active and sustainable travel.
• Post intervention travel patterns are re-evaluated to identify any changes in behaviour.
Benefits of PTP
• Reduce demand for parking spaces.
• Reduced travel costs for employers.
• Healthier, more active workforce.
• Meet planning requirements e.g. Travel Plans
• CSR and environmental goals.
• Assist with recruitment and retention.
• Cost savings.
• Time savings.
• Improved health.
What has been delivered in GM?
• Worked with over 200 employers providing travel advice to over 20,000 employees.
• Issued over 4,500 one day bus tickets and over 1,000 Metrolink tickets to employees who were car drivers.
The PTP Process
New Limited Offer - Electronic PTP (ePTP)
• Online Travel Survey.
• Personal journey plan including travel factsheet and incentives/discounts is emailed directly to employees.
• No printed materials.
• No internal distribution of travel packs required.
• Quicker, greener and more cost effective.
Next Steps – How to get involved
• Personal Travel Planning – Currently available up to 31st March 2017.
• Contact your TfGM Business Travel Advisor or email@example.com / 0161 601 1723.