We would like to provide you with an update on Metrolink work in Trafford Park for the remainder of this month and give you a look ahead into the early part of 2018.
All worksites on the Trafford Park Line will be secured and closed down on Friday 22nd December for the Christmas period and resume again on Wednesday 3rd January 2018.
Below are some key work dates for your information:
· Victoria Place south footpath completion 22nd December 2017 with works continuing in early 2018 on the permanent highway arrangements to Trafford Wharf Road and Sir Alex Ferguson Way.
· Village Circle junction re-modelling, highway works will re-commence in January 2018 leading into track installation works through this section in February.
· Third Avenue: Construction of vehicle turning head – temporary waiting restrictions commence on 4th January 2018 to facilitate the works. Following completion of the turning head the permanent closure of Third Avenue at its junction with Village Way along with the permanent waiting restrictions will be introduced which is expected to be mid-February.
· Park Way track Installation works commences December 2017 in the central reservation with the first Trafford Park Line extension rails to be installed in January 2018.
· Junction re-modelling, highway works and track construction will continue around Park Way Circle in January 2018.
· Barton Dock Road track installation to commence late January 2018 past Holiday Inn and Event City.
· Mercury Way track installation to commence February 2018 (works will be completed in two section and access maintained at all times)
· Track work to Phoenix Way (Barton Square/Event City) crossing also to commence circa March 2018
· Peel Circle area: Junction re-modelling and highway works will re-commence January 2018 following the Christmas embargo period
Third Avenue, Trafford Park - Temporary prohibition of waiting: The Order is to facilitate the construction of the turning head on Third Avenue, the extents of which are shown on the attached plan. This Order will come into operation on the 4th January 2018 and is expected to remain in force for a period of approximately 2 months.
Third Avenue, Trafford Park- Permanent prohibition of driving order (except for tramcars and cycles): Third Avenue will be closed to general traffic from its junction with Village Way for an approximate distance of 25 metres in a northerly direction, as shown on the attached plan. This Order is currently expected to come into force on the 12th February 2018, but will be dependent on the progress of the works.
Third Avenue, Trafford Park- Permanent Waiting Restrictions: There will be no waiting at any time restrictions introduced along the full length of the west side of Third Avenue, around the new turning head and up the east side to a point 73 metres south of Trafford Park Road, as shown on the attached plan. This Order is currently expected to come into force on the 19th February 2018, but will be dependent on the progress of the works.
The notices of intent are attached for your information. Please note for the Permanent Orders these are currently in draft format until dates have been confirmed.
If you have any questions or queries regarding the above, or feel you or your business would benefit from a meeting or information event, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our team at MetrolinkTPL@tfgm.com or call us on 0161 244 1555 (lines open during office hours). You can also contact Volker Rail Control (24 hour contact) on 01724 878 399 should you need to contact us over the Christmas period.
Finally, we would like to thank you for all your co-operation and patience whilst we have carried out extensive work in the Trafford Park area this year.
From everyone on the Trafford Park Line team, we wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Public Liaison Officer, Metrolink Projects.
Transport for Greater Manchester