Following Monday night’s tragic events at the Manchester Arena information regarding the current condition of the highway network within Salford is as follows:
- Trinity Way is fully operational from the A57 Regent Road in both directions to the junction with the A56 Great Ducie Street & Bury New Road.
- Chapel Street is fully operational in both directions to the junction with Trinity Way.
- New Bailey Street is fully operational in both directions.
- Victoria Bridge Street is currently closed.
- Blackfriars Road is open both directions however there is no access to Great Ducie Street toward the Manchester Arena.
- Bury New Road is open both directions however diversions are in place at Trinity Way.
- A580 East Lancashire Road is fully operational but extremely congested.
- A57 Regent Road is fully operational but extremely congested.
Motorists are encouraged to find alternative means of travel to and from Manchester City Centre until further notice as access is still restricted.
Where roads are closed local diversions have been implemented.
For further traffic updates, including bus and rail travel please visit the Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) web site.