I would like to provide you with an update on Metrolink work in Trafford Park throughout July, work proposed are as follows:
- Barton Dock Road – There will be temporary two-way lights on Barton Dock Road in-between Peel Circle and Park Way on Wednesday 5th July and Thursday 6th July from 20:00 until 05:00.
- Village Way – There will be an overnight closure of Village Way (Eastbound towards Manchester city centre) from Parkway Circle for a distance of approximately 170 meters. The closure will start on Thursday 6th July from 00:01 until 06:00 (effectively this takes place during the early hours of Thursday morning).
- Elevator Road – There will be a full closure of Elevator Road at its junction with Trafford Wharf Road from Monday 17th July for approximately six months.
- Parkway Circle - There will be a one lane closure at Parkway Circle from Monday 24th July for a maximum of two weeks.
- Park Way – Park Way, on its approach to Parkway Circle from the direction of the M60 will be reduced down to a single lane, at all times, from Monday 24th July for a maximum of two weeks.
- Mosley Road – From 24th July for approximately 8 weeks, Mosley Road from Village Way, for a 40 metre length, will operate as one-way. Traffic will be able to turn into Mosley Road from Village Way but will need to egress via the Mosley Road/Trafford Park Road junction. Following this period, the one-way operation will be reversed to allow traffic to egress from Mosley Road onto Village with entry to Mosley Road being via the Trafford Park Road/Mosley Road junction which will be managed by traffic signal control. This phase is expected to last around one month.
- Bus changes – Stagecoach is planning changes to the route and frequency of the 250 and X50 services from Monday 24th July. For further information, please contact Stagecoach.
Please note that there will be signposted diversion routes in place for each of the above works and access to businesses will be maintained.
I have also attached the relevant Notices of intent for your information. Please see below:
If you have any questions or queries regarding the above, or feel you or your business would benefit from a meeting or information event, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our team at MetrolinkTPL@tfgm.com or call us on 0161 244 1555 (lines open during office hours).
Transport for Greater Manchester