As you will be aware, work is well underway on the much anticipated Metrolink Trafford Park Line. This new six stop route will offer fast, frequent connections to jobs, leisure, shopping and cultural destinations and to the wider tram network.
A large part of the current work is to divert various utility services from the tram route. As part of these works, along Village Way from Mosley Road up to Park Way we have been laying a new gas pipe which was successfully pressure tested last weekend.
The next step for this piece of work is to release the gas from the old gas pipe and to start running gas through the new pipe, whilst maintaining a supply. This is planned in three phases. At some point during each phase the gas will be released from the pipe for two hours, the dates of each are:
- Thursday 21st September – Friday 22nd September
- Wednesday 27th September
- Monday 2nd October and Tuesday 3rd October
As the gas main is a private main, there is no risk of your gas supply being affected.
Please be reassured that this process is standard practice and perfectly safe. During the venting process:
- It will be noisy due to the pressure of the gas.
- There will be a smell of gas in the area due to the nature of the work.
- During the venting there will be a temporary closure of the footpath opposite Evans Halshaw at the Mosley Road and Village Way junction. The area will be marshalled during the two hours and any pedestrians will be assisted.
We will provide project updates, travel advice and news updates through an electronic newsletter. To sign up for these please visit www.tfgm.com/MetrolinkTPL. To find updates through social media look for #MetrolinkTPL.
Contact the team
We will continue to work closely with Trafford Council, engage with stakeholders along the route and will provide more information as we progress with the scheme. To contact a member of our team email MetrolinkTPL@tfgm.com or call us on 0161 244 1555 (lines open during office hours).
Metrolink Stakeholder and Communications Manager, Metrolink Projects
Transport for Greater Manchester