I am writing to update you on the gas main diversion work on Village Way from Mosley Road up to Park Way.
Due to unforeseen circumstances the work which was planned to take place last Thursday and Friday has not gone ahead. Cadent have re-scheduled to release the gas from the pipe on the dates below.
- Tuesday 26th September – Wednesday 27th September - (two hours on one of these days)
- Friday 29th September (two hours at some point on this day)
- Monday 2nd October (two hours at some point on this day)
- Thursday 5th October – Friday 6th October (two hours on one of these days)
Please note that these are approximates and work dates may vary over the next two weeks. The work will take place Monday to Friday, 08:00 – 17:00.
As the gas main is a private main, there is no risk of your gas supply being affected.
Please be reassured that this process is standard practice and perfectly safe. During the venting process:
- It will be noisy due to the pressure of the gas.
- There will be a smell of gas in the area due to the nature of the work.
- There will be a temporary closure of the footpath opposite Evans Halshaw at the Mosley Road and Village Way junction. The area will be marshalled during the two hours and any pedestrians will be assisted.
Metrolink Stakeholder and Communications Manager, Metrolink Projects
Transport for Greater Manchester