I would like to provide you with an update on work to construct the new Trafford Park Metrolink line. Works planned are as follows:
- Warren Bruce Road: from 2nd October there will be no parking along the west of Warren Bruce Road on the grass verge, this is to facilitate construction works. From 9th October there will be a permanent prohibition of waiting and loading along both sides of Warren Bruce Road from Trafford Wharf Road to Village Circle. This is to allow the construction work to take place and will also reflect the restrictions for the final highway layout.
- Waterside: the temporary prohibition of waiting and loading will become permanent from 9th October.
- Mosley Road: the current temporary one way on Mosley Road north of Village Way has been extended until mid-November due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Third Avenue: the temporary one way on Third Avenue came into force on 5th April for a period of six months. The works are ongoing and the order will continue to remain in force for a further six months.
- On 26th September, the first gas venting took place as part of the gas main diversion work on Village Way from Mosley Road up to Park Way. Three more venting sessions, lasting up to two hours each, will take place this week and next.
- Village Circle - as part of the phasing of the works around Village Circle, the existing controlled signals will be turned off and each arm of the junction changed temporarily during the next phase of the works to “give-ways”. This allows the existing signals to be removed and the islands flattened as part of the Traffic Management for building the permanent tram and highway alignments in this area.
Please note that there will be signposted diversion routes in place for each of the above works and access to businesses will be maintained.
Please click on the relevant notices below for your information.
If you have any questions or queries regarding the above, or feel you or your business would benefit from a meeting or information event, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our team at MetrolinkTPL@tfgm.com or call us on 0161 244 1555 (lines open during office hours).
Public Liaison Officer, Metrolink Projects.
Transport for Greater Manchester,
2, Piccadilly Place, Manchester,M1 3BG.
Information Line: 0161 244 1555