I would like to provide you with an update of Metrolink work due to take place in Trafford Park throughout spring 2018.
- Park Way
- The south-bound (off slip) from Parkway onto Barton Dock Road will be closed from 8am to 5pm on Sunday 11 February 2018. The closure is to facilitate emergency highway reinstatement repair works. The work is timed to prevent closing the slip road during the working week when traffic flow is heavier. A signed diversion will be in place with vehicles continuing to Junction 9/M60 and travelling back along the opposite side of Park Way.
- There will be two overnight closures on the Northbound carriageway of Park Way between 8pm and 6am, the first commencing on Sunday 18 February 2018. The first closure is necessary to allow for the temporary installation of a traffic safety barrier associated with structural works taking place on the embankment. Approximately six weeks after the installation, the second overnight closure will be required to remove the safety barrier. The date of this is dependent on the progress of the embankment works. A signed diversion via Barton Dock Road, Ellesmere Circle and Ashburton Road West will be in place for both overnight closures.
- Mosley Road
- Mosley Road (north of Village Way) will be one-way in from Village Way from Thursday 22 February 2018 for a period of approximately 15 weeks. The left slip road from Village Way onto Mosley Road north has now been reopened to facilitate this manoeuvre, however, there will be no exit available from Mosley Road onto Village Way.
- Third Avenue
- A permanent closure and prohibition of driving order will be coming into force on Third Avenue. It is currently anticipated that these will come into effect on Monday 5 March 2018 and Monday 12 March 2018 respectively but may be slightly later depending on construction progress. Once introduced no traffic will be permitted through from Third Avenue onto Village Way, however, a turning circle will be installed to allow vehicles to exit back onto Trafford Park Road.
- Ashburton Road West
- Access off Ashburton Road West onto Parkway Circle will temporarily not be available overnight during the hours of 8pm and 6am for a period of up to two weeks from Monday 26 March 2018. This is to facilitate ducting works associated with the final traffic signal installation at Parkway Circle. Please note that traffic travelling from Guinness Road along Ashburton Road West will only be able to travel as far as Longbridge Road but access off Parkway Circle into Ashburton Road West is unaffected.
- Westinghouse Road
- Following the completion of the above works on Ashburton Road West, access off Parkway Circle onto Westinghouse Road will temporarily be prohibited between 8pm and 6am, again for a period of up to two weeks, effectively making Westinghouse Road one way from Warren Road to Parkway Circle. A signed diversion will be in place with traffic diverted along Village Way (eastbound), Village Circle, Europa Way and Westinghouse Road.
- Trafford Wharf Road/ Sir Alex Ferguson Way/ Victoria Place
- From early April 2018 a permanent prohibition of driving will be in force on part of Trafford Wharf Road (from the site of the former Sam Platts Public House eastbound to its junction with Victoria Place) and waiting and loading restrictions will be introduced on Victoria Place and Sir Alex Ferguson Way. Once introduced this will see “two-way” traffic permanently reintroduced from the junction of Trafford Wharf Road/Sir Alex Ferguson Way around onto Victoria Place. However, prior to this there will be the need for a number of temporary overnight road and footway closures in the area for approximately five days for surfacing and lining works. Please Note that the temporary but long term one-way traffic on Trafford Wharf Road between Warren Bruce Road and Waterside will remain in place to allow the new Metrolink infrastructure to be constructed.
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Metrolink Stakeholder & Communications Manager
Transport for Greater Manchester
2 Piccadilly Place, Manchester M1 3BG
Direct line: 0161 244 1242
Mobile: 07884 263 407