Metrolink Trafford Park Line – Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders
We have written to you previously about Trafford Park Line Metrolink works taking place in your area. This letter is in regards to the next stage of works at various sites in the area (listed below). The work is mainly to improve the highways and includes carriageway surfacing work, safety improvements and repairs.
A variety of Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders (TTROs) will be brought into force from the end of June 2018.
Details are included here:
- 30 June – Village Way will be closed overnight (10pm Saturday to 6am Sunday) for one night, between Parkway Circle and Fifth Avenue. The closure is to enable repairs to be made to manhole covers and frames that are in the carriageway. Ref TPL00063 click here to view.
- 2 July – There will be one way working on Ashburton Road West – from Parkway Circle to Longbridge Road, in a northerly direction for a total of three weeks. The one way working is required to facilitate the construction of traffic islands for traffic signals on Parkway Circle. It will remain in place until surfacing works begin in this area. Ref TPL00062 click here to view.
- 6 July –A 20mph speed limit will be introduced on Warren Bruce Road and Trafford Wharf Road through the roadworks. The speed limit will be in place for 12 month in order to encourage the safe movement of traffic through the roadworks and improve the safety of the workforce in the adjacent work site. Please heed the ‘give-way’ at the junction of Warren Bruce Road onto Trafford Wharf Road. This is required as there is reduced visibility of the oncoming traffic at this site. Ref TPL0064 click here to view.
- 14 July - Praed Road will be closed at its junction with Village Way for two weeks. This is to enable the required highway improvement works to be undertaken at this junction. Ref TPL0075 click here to view.
- 14 July - Mosley Road, south of Village Way, will be one way from Village Way for a distance of 100m in a southerly direction, and Mosley Road, north of Village Way, a prescribed left turn from Mosley Road onto Village Way. This will be in place for 18 months. The restrictions are required to facilitate the highway improvement works at the junction, whilst maintaining highway safety until such time the new traffic signals are installed. Ref TPL0074 click here to view.
- 28 July – There will be a road closure at Pomona Strand for two weeks. The closure is required to allow the installation of a bridge deck structure that will link the Trafford Park Line extension to the existing Metrolink network at the Pomona Stop. Ref TPL0061 click here to view.
Suggested diversion routes are included in the attached/enclosed temporary traffic regulation order notices.
Next week, we will provide details of overnight closures planned for parts of Parkway Circle and roads leading to and from this roundabout from 23 July – 18 August*. This is to enable carriageway surfacing and lining works to take place before the final highway layout opens in late August 2018. This work will be undertaken in phases to minimise any disruption and road closures will be in operation overnight from 8pm to 6am. *dates are indicative at this stage tbc in next week’s email.
We appreciate your patience during the construction of the Trafford Park Line.
TfGM will continue to engage with stakeholders along the route and will provide further information as we progress. In the meantime, if you have any queries regarding the scheme or if you would like to arrange a meeting, please contact either me or a member of the Metrolink team on 0161 244 1555 or email MetrolinkTPL@tfgm.com.
Senior Communications Officer
Transport for Greater Manchester