Metrolink Trafford Park Line – Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders – Parkway Circle
Please note ALL of these road closures will take place overnight – 8pm to 6am
We have written to you previously about Trafford Park Line Metrolink works taking place in your area. This email is in regard to the next and final stage of works on various roads leading to and from Parkway Circle.
A range of Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders (TTROs) will be brought into force from 23 July through to approximately 18 Aug 18.
The work is to enable the permanent carriageway surfacing to be undertaken around Parkway Circle and the roads immediately approaching and leaving the roundabout. This work will see the substantial completion of the works to bring into use the permanent highway arrangements associated with the Trafford Park Line extension immediately around Parkway Circle, including the introduction of the signalised junctions.
The remaining works, including the construction of the smaller traffic islands, will be carried out in a number of phases (detailed below) to minimise disruption to traffic as far as possible.
Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders – Parkway Circle - Details:
From 23 July - for nine to eleven nights (8pm to 6am)
1. Parkway overnight closure of both carriageways (Ref TPL0065 click to view).
2. Westinghouse Road ‘one-way’ working southbound from Parkway Circle to Warren Road (Ref TPL0066 click to view).
3. Ashburton Road West ‘one-way’ working from Longbridge Road to Parkway Circle (Ref TPL0067 click to view).
From 1 or 3 Aug (on completion of the above works) – for eight to ten nights (8pm to 6am)
1. Parkway closure of the north-east bound carriageway (Ref TPL0068 click to view).
2. Ashburton Road West ‘one-way’ working towards Parkway Circle with a prescribed left turn into Tenax Road. NB Access onto Parkway Circle will not be permissible (Ref TPL0069 click to view).
3. Parkway circulatory carriageway closure with a prescribed left turn from Tenax Road into Village Way (Ref TPL0070 click to view).
Westinghouse Road ‘one-way’ working between Warren Road and Parkway Circle with access only onto Parkway. NB Access onto Parkway Circle will not be permissible (Ref TPL0072 attached).
From 9 or 13 Aug (on completion of the above works) – for one or two nights (8pm to 6am)
1. Ashburton Road West ‘one-way’ northbound from Parkway Circle to Longbridge Road and Tenax Road and ‘one-way’ southbound from Tenax Circle to Parkway Circle.
NB Access to premises on the northbound carriageway of Tenax Road will be maintained where necessary via Tenax Circle. (Ref TPL0073a click to view).
From 10 or 16 Aug (on completion of the above works) for one or two nights (8pm to 6am)
1. Village Way closure between Parkway Circle and Mosely Road (Ref TPL0071 click to view).
Tenax Road ‘one-way’ northbound from Parkway Circle to Tenax Circle.
NB Egress from premises on the southbound carriageway of Tenax Road will be maintained, where necessary, via Tenax Circle (Ref TPL0073b click to view).
Variable Messaging Signs (VMS) will be set up in key locations to provide driver information and temporary diversion routes that will be required are included in the attached/enclosed temporary traffic regulation order notices
We appreciate your patience and understanding at this time.
If you have any family, friends, co-workers who you feel would benefit from being kept up to date with the project works, please forward the website details www.tfgm.com/MetrolinkTPL on to them where they can sign up to receive regular updates.
TfGM will continue to engage with stakeholders along the route and will provide further information as we progress. In the meantime, if you have any queries regarding the scheme or if you would like to arrange a meeting, please contact either me or a member of the Metrolink team on 0161 244 1555 or email MetrolinkTPL@tfgm.com
Senior Communications Officer
Transport for Greater Manchester